Who am I?
- A librarian
- A free thinker
- An academic
- passionate about education
- concerned about the state of the world
- concerned about the state of librarianship
- Invested in the ethical ramifications of librarianly protection of patrons’ intellectual freedom
- Interested in using technology to further education
- but I don’t think technology replaces an educational mission
- A watcher of too much television
- this season? Chuck, Life, Journeyman, Dirty Sexy Money
- Overall? Buffy, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, The Closer, Mad Men to show my range
- sometimes very grounded in 1.0 and proud of it.
More succinctly, I am Rudy Leon, Learning Commons Librarian at the Undergraduate Library of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am either rudyleon or rudibrarian on most social networking sites. I reserve Facebook for people I actually know, but will happily friend any contributing librarian on FriendFeed. And I am disorganized enough that I just realized (March 12, 2009) that this profile didn’t include my identity